I had been trying to bake a decent eggless brownie for the past few years but most of my attempts failed. The brownies either turned very gooey in the middle, or very dry, cookie like or sometimes even cake like. Finally I found a recipe that worked in a cookbook from my local library. The brownies turned out to be little chewy which we liked.
All Purpose flour: 1.25 cup
Baking chocolate bar: 4 oz (113gm)
Condensed milk: 14 oz can
Unsalted Butter: 1/2 cup
Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Vanilla extract: 1/2 tsp
Chopped nuts: 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the chocolate bar and mix together well.
- Alternatively microwave the butter for 30 seconds and then add the chocolate and microwave for another 30 - 45 seconds
- Add the vanilla extract & condensed milk and mix well
- Sift the dry ingredients
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients
- Add the chopped nuts and gently fold in the batter
- Line a 9" square pan with parchment paper and pour the batter
- Bake in a preheated oven of 350F for 30 to 35 minutes
- Allow the brownie to cool down and then cut into square pieces
All purpose flour can be replaced with Atta as well.