All purpose flour/wheat flour: 1.25 cups
Thick Mango pulp: 1 cup (I used 2 small mangoes)
Condensed Milk: 14 oz can
Cardamom: 5 or 6 pods
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and baking soda)
Melt butter in microwave for 15 seconds and add condensed milk to it.
Whisk it until both are mixed together
Peel the mangoes and blend it in a mixer/blender along with cardamom seeds.Add 1 cup of pulp to the butter, condensed milk mixture and mix well
Gently mix both the wet and dry ingredients. Do not over mix
Pour the batter in a 9" cake pan and bake in a preheated oven of 350F for around 30 minutes
- If the mango is not sweet enough add 2 tablespoon of sugar while grinding
- I have not tried this with store bought mango pulp. It will be slightly thinner than the homemade pulp.
- Nuts like almonds and cashews can also be added
- I have tried this with wheat flour as well. Though the texture may not be equivalent, it tastes good. You can use 3/4 cup of wheat flour and 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- Instead of cardamom powder vanilla extract can also be used but personally I feel this goes well with cardamom flavor